LocDir.com Submission Guidelines
LocDir.com, also known as the Local Directory or simply LocDir,
is a human-edited website directory which is focused on information that
pertains to each of the 50 United States.
If you would like your website URL included in LocDir, please find an
appropriate and relevant directory category, then click "Submit Link".
LocDir only accepts family-friendly, English-language websites.
LocDir has one submission option:
- Regular links - $25.00 one-time submission review fee. Will be
reviewed at our convenience, generally within 48 hours.
Please select the most relevant category for your link, and submit your
website to only one category.
LocDir strives to provide useful information to a broad spectrum
of Internet surfers. In keeping with this policy, LocDir
will not accept websites that:
This list of unacceptable website characteristics is not exhaustive.
LocDir editors reserve the right to reject any website, for any
reason. Submission review fees are non-refundable. If your web
site submission is rejected, your submission review fee will not be refunded.
- are "under construction".
- spawn multiple "pop up" windows.
- redirect visitors to another website.
- constitute, include, or promote chat rooms.
- constitute, include, or promote illegal content.
- constitute, include, or promote pornographic content.
- constitute, include, or promote inappropriate violent content.
- promote the use of alcoholic beverages, drugs, or tobacco.
- contain advertising links with minimal original content.
- contain affiliate links with minimal original content.
- contain excessive grammatical or spelling errors.
You must include the company name or website name in the Title field.
You may also include two or three additional keywords, but the title length,
including spaces, may not exceed 50 characters.
You must specify the web site address. Deep links (to internal pages
of a web site) will not be accepted.
You must include a website or web page description in the Description
field. Descriptions should be at least 100 characters in length and
at most 400 characters long. Write your descriptions as complete
sentences; capitalize the first letter of each sentence as well as proper
nouns. Do not include superlative adjectives or promotional language
in your description. A good website description can often be two
or three sentences long, using a total of 25 to 50 words.
LocDir editors appreciate informative, user-friendly websites,
with well-written titles and descriptions. Home page URLs are more
likely to be accepted than subpage URLs, If you have any questions
about these Submission Guidelines or the Terms of Service, please do not
hesitate to contact us.